Plan now for scholarship and debt retirement application deadlines

College Student Aid

Nebraska District financial support is available to anyone preparing for full-time service in the church. Applicants must be enrolled at a Concordia University System school; Concordia Theological Seminary, Fort Wayne; or Concordia Seminary, St. Louis. Applicants must demonstrate financial need, and have completed their FAFSA (Free Application for Federal StudentAid). The Concordia University System consists of the 7 LCMS-operated universities. Application forms may be printed from the link below or requested from the universities and seminaries. The deadline for completing the application process is May 1 for the first semester and December 1 for the second semester. Only one application is needed per academic year.

If you would like more information on which of the Concordia University System schools offer a program of study for the church work in which you are interested, that information can be found here.

Scholarships available include: LWML Nebraska North, LWML Nebraska South, Nebraska District Lutheran Laymen’s League (LLL), and the Gil and Blondie Vogt Scholarship Fund. Find details, deadlines, and forms for these scholarships here.


Rostered Church Worker Debt Retirement

Student Loan repayment grants will once again be available for church workers in the Spring. If you are a rostered Nebraska District church worker with at least one year of full-time service in the District and have outstanding student debt fromundergraduate or seminary studies, download the following forms for more information:

All applications must be received no later than June 1 of each year. 

For details and forms, click here.


Partner with us in providing these scholarships and debt retirement grants!

At any time, you can make a donation in support of these funds. Send a check with a note indicating that it is for one of theseprojects (student aid or church worker debt retirement fund) to:
Nebraska District LCMS
PO Box 407
Seward, NE 68434

Or you can donate online through our secure payment portal (eservicespayments) at this link. Choose the option “restricted gifts” and fill in the amount of your gift and indicate which of these funds you would like to support in the space next to that (student aid or church worker debt retirement fund).