Education and Youth
The Nebraska District is blessed to resource our church’s strong tradition of Lutheran education and youth ministry.
The Education and Youth office offers resources and services for educational ministry to the congregations, daycares, preschools, elementary schools, and high schools of the Nebraska District. District staff work with appointed committees to meet the resource needs of congregations and schools and to encourage the various education ministry efforts throughout the District.
When a congregation or school considers calling a Commissioned Minister such as a rostered teacher or DCE, the leaders are asked to contact the education office for information and consultation. The goal is for the District Office to work closely with the calling congregation or school to discover the candidate the Lord has chosen for His ministry in that place.
Commissioned Ministers who want to consider a change of position begin that process by contacting the District Office for assistance with forms and procedures. Those with questions about their roster status can get help from the District Office. Commissioned Ministers are welcome to talk with Bob Ziegler to discuss reasons for considering a change and to explore ministry alternatives.
Contact the Education & Youth Office
Bob Ziegler, Education and Youth Ministries
Consults with congregations and commissioned ministers regarding the call proces and ministry opportunities. He is also available to resource congregations in the area of youth ministry.
Candi Menze, Assistant for Education and Youth
Helps with call documents and forms for teachers and DCEs. She is a vital part of coordinating Middle and High School Youth Gatherings, and the District Convention.
Early Childhood Education
“Whatever you do, work at it with your heart, as working for the Lord, not for man.” –Colossians 3:23
The Nebraska District offers support to early childhood centers through the Early Childhood Education Leadership Team. The goals of this team are to:
- Provide opportunities for early childhood directors and teachers to connect and network with one another across the state of Nebraska.
- Provide assistance in meeting the joys and challenges of ministering to children and families.
- Uplift and support one another in the ministry of early childhood education.
- Support mission to integrate faith in our early childhood programs.
- Support early childhood program’s role to minister to the whole family.
Eunice McCarty serves as Early Childhood Education Consultant for the Nebraska District. Contact Eunice at 308-382-0753 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lisa Stirtz and Eunice serve on the ECE Leadership team and are available to meet with directors, staff, congregations, or boards.
Eunice also serves as an ECE action team member and makes yearly visits to the early childhood centers in the Nebraska District.
For current information about ECE ministry from several good sources, click on the links provided.
Links and Forms for Early Childhood Educators
- Nebraska District Early Childhood Brochure
- LCMS Webpage for ECE
- LEA Early Childhood
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- Open Arms Institute
- State of Nebraska Office for Early Childhood Education
The Nebraska District Education Office sends the Tidbits newsletter to the early childhood directors in the Nebraska District. These newsletters are available online after their distribution. Find the archive here.
The Nebraska District of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod is home to nearly forty Lutheran elementary schools. Many of these also contain both early childhood and junior high school programs.
The four high schools in the Nebraska District are Recognized Service Organizations (RSOs) of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod. Find out more about RSOs here.
- Heartland Lutheran High School, Grand Island
- Lincoln Lutheran Middle and Senior High School, Lincoln
- Lutheran High Northeast, Norfolk
- Concordia Jr/Sr High School, Omaha
The links provided on this page are for informational purposes only. Any other sites you may reach from following links on these entity webpages may not be endorsed by the Nebraska District LCMS.
The Nebraska District Education Office sends the In the Loop newsletter to the administrators in the Nebraska District. These newsletters are available online after their distribution. Find the archive here.
- Education and Youth Newsletter Archive
- LCMS Schools Locator
- LCMS School Ministry Page
- National Lutheran School Accreditation (NLSA)
- Nebraska State Education Department
- School Leadership Development (SLED)
- LCMS School Ministry Page
- LCMS Teacher Resources
- Christian Schools Resources
- Concordia Plan Services
- Nebraska District Student Aid
Hearts for Jesus Project
Each year, the Nebraska District chooses a project to support with their prayers and offerings throughout the school year. The projects supported by Hearts for Jesus alternate each year between national missions and missions within the Nebraska District.
- Great Plains Lutheran Educators’ Conference, October 14, 2023 at Concordia University, Nebraska
- All Professional Church Workers’ Conference, 2024