Donate and Pay
Giving to the Building Together Campaign
The District launched the Building Together. In Christ. For Mission. Capital Campaign in 2017 to support renovation of the District Office in Seward and the University Chapel in Lincoln. Security and accessibility were key issues behind both renovation projects. Both had gone decades without any substantial improvements.
The campaign, thanks to the support of 76 district congregations, 605 individuals and 6 foundations, has reached over $3.3 million in gifts and pledges. The cost for both renovation projects, which were completed in 2019, was $4.5 million.
For questions about making a pledge or gift, please contact Joyce Bruha at the District office by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone at 888-643-2961.
To pay or donate online through our secure payment portal
Click here to visit our secure online (eservicespayments) portal to pay by credit card, debit card, or ACH.
To pay or donate by check
Please include a note to indicate what event or ministry you are donating to (for example: Capital Campaign, church worker debt retirement fund, pastors’ conference registration, etc.), make your check out to “Nebraska District LCMS” and mail it to:
Nebraska District LCMS
PO Box 407
Seward, NE 68434
Other gifts such as IRA distributions, stock, bonds, grain, property, etc.
Gifts of stock, bonds or mutual funds are other options. Start the process by visiting with your financial adviser. Gifts such as property can provide a tax benefit to the donor. Gifts through your IRA distributions allow you to give directly to the campaign or to a District ministry.
If you are 70.5 or older, you can donate up to $100,000 from your IRA direct to the campaign or a district ministry. Start the process by visiting with your financial adviser.
Gifts to a campaign or ministry can have even greater impact when given with a corporate match. Ask the HR manager where you work if your employer has a corporate match.
For questions on any of the options above, please contact Paul Pettit at the District office by email (email@example.com) or by phone at 888-643-2961.
Designated / Personalized Giving Opportunities
Mission support dollars designated for any of the following personalized giving mission opportunities will be used for worker, property and/or program funding needs of the designated ministry as funded by the District unless a more specific designation is placed upon the support. All designated support dollars must be used in the manner designated, redirected in accordance with District policy when the ministry no longer exists as a District ministry, or the dollars must not be accepted or must be returned to the donor. Therefore, it is extremely important that all designations must be as clear and complete as possible.
Some of the personalized giving mission opportunities of the Nebraska District include:
International and National Missions – Support of Synod
Nebraska new and/or existing Mission opportunities:
- Nebraska District Missions
- Campus Ministry – Support dollars may be designated for campus ministry in general, or more specifically restricted to any Nebraska District campus ministry (Omaha, Lincoln, Kearney, or Wayne).
- UNL Campus Missionary
- Sandhills Ministry
- Seeding New Churches (new start grants)
- District Mission and Ministry Grants – Includes the ministry funding and other new mission opportunity grants as they are requested and become available.
- Multiethnic Ministry – Support dollars may be designated for Multiethnic Ministry in general, or can be more specifically restricted to the multiethnic ministry of your choice at the District. The support dollar designation could specify an ethnic population such as African Immigrant, Hispanic, Native American, Sudanese, etc.
- Human Care Ministries
- Congregational and Church Worker Care
- District Operations
- Ecclesiastical Support
- Gift Planning Services
- Building Together Capital Campaign
- Lutheran Church Extension Fund
- Parish Education
- Student Aid Scholarships
- Church Worker Debt Retirement
- Youth Services
- Disaster Relief
Other Nebraska District personalized giving opportunities may be made available. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more options.
CLICK HERE to download this information as a PDF.