Donate and Pay
To pay or donate online through our secure payment portal
Click here to visit our secure online (eservicespayments) portal to pay by credit card, debit card, or ACH.
To pay or donate by check
Please include a note to indicate what event or ministry you are donating to (for example: Capital Campaign, church worker debt retirement fund, pastors’ conference registration, etc.), make your check out to “Nebraska District LCMS” and mail it to:
Nebraska District LCMS
PO Box 407
Seward, NE 68434
Designated / Personalized Giving Opportunities
Mission support dollars designated for any of the following personalized giving mission opportunities will be used for worker, property and/or program funding needs of the designated ministry as funded by the District unless a more specific designation is placed upon the support. All designated support dollars must be used in the manner designated, redirected in accordance with District policy when the ministry no longer exists as a District ministry, or the dollars must not be accepted or must be returned to the donor. Therefore, it is extremely important that all designations must be as clear and complete as possible.
Some of the personalized giving mission opportunities of the Nebraska District include:
International and National Missions – Support of Synod
Nebraska new and existing mission opportunities:
- Campus and Young Adult Ministry – Support dollars may be designated for campus ministry in general, or more specifically restricted to any Nebraska District campus ministry (Curtis, Kearney, Lincoln, Omaha, or Wayne).
- Church Worker Debt Retirement – Helping active Nebraska Church workers reduce their educational debts incurred in preparation for ministry.
- Communications – District website and publications.
- Congregational and Church Worker Care – Providing opportunities for care and counseling of church workers, including their spiritual, mental, and financial health; leadership development; and education. Preparing the next generation of church workers.
- Disaster Relief – Providing a volunteer Disaster Relief coordinator, training individuals and teams to respond to local and national needs, as well as accepting and directing gifts to help those in need.
- District Mission and Ministry Grants – Includes ministry funding and other new mission opportunity grants as they are requested and become available.
- District Operations – Serving ministries and ministry leaders to fully engage in God’s mission, supporting missions housed out of the district office, estate and gift-planning, faith formation events and conferences.
- Ecclesiastical Support – Assisting pastors and congregations with call process and forms, with candidate pastor placement, and vicarage assignments into congregations. Leading church workers and congregations in times of conflict and celebration.
- Gift Planning Services – Helping people to support ministries through their estate plans.
- Human Care Ministries – Parish health and wellness; disaster response and Lutheran Early Response Training; etc.
- Lutheran Church Extension Fund – Providing tools for ministry solutions as well as seeking investments to help provide loans for ministries and workers across the District and Synod.
- Multiethnic Ministry – Support dollars may be designated for Multiethnic Ministry in general, or can be more specifically restricted to the multiethnic ministry of your choice at the District. The support dollar designation could specify an ethnic population such as African Immigrant, Hispanic, Native American, Sudanese, etc.
- Nebraska District Missions – Restricted to mission and outreach in the Nebraska District, but not designated for any particular mission/ministry.
- New Ministries – Provides grants for planting new congregations or starting new ministries in the Nebraska District.
- Parish Education – The Education and Youth office offers resources and services for educational ministry to the congregations, daycares, preschools, elementary schools, and high schools of the Nebraska District. District staff work with appointed committees to meet the resource needs of congregations and schools and to encourage the various education ministry efforts throughout the District.
- Reconciliation – Resources available to help within a congregation or between workers or ministries, to help live out the reconciliation we have received from Christ.
- Revitalization – Works with congregations to help them see the mission fields in their communities and how they can share the love of Jesus with those around them, and works with the ministries of the Nebraska District.
- Stewardship – The District stewardship committee provides resources to help congregations grow in their understanding and implementation of a life of stewardship.
- Student Aid Scholarships – Supports scholarship opportunities for students going into full-time church work; assists LCMS elementary and secondary schools with funds for granting tuition assistance to families with an identified need. Includes the seminary scholarship endowment.
- Technology – Helping workers stay current in their skills to facilitate ministry.
- Youth Services – Supporting congregational youth work as well as larger District and Synod gatherings.
Other Nebraska District Personalized Giving Opportunities may be made available. Please contact email@example.com for more options.
Sponsor the District Youth Gathering
We try to keep costs for our participants low, so we are looking for assistance with some of the costs of this event. We thank Lutheran Church Extension Fund and the LCMS Youth Ministry Office for their continued support over the past several years. We invite your business, organization, family, congregation, or school to sponsor this event.
You can also assist by directly supporting your local youth group with donations and fundraisers, attending as a chaperone, and by praying for them. Thrivent members can also offer to apply for an Action Team Grant on behalf of their congregation or the gathering. We are grateful for support from group or individual donors and are happy to discuss other options that you may have to suggest! For questions and details, please contact Candi Menze at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-643-2961 x 1010.
Support the District by other gifts such as IRA distributions, stock, bonds, grain, property, etc.
Gifts of stock, bonds or mutual funds are other options. Start the process by visiting with your financial adviser. Gifts such as property can provide a tax benefit to the donor. Gifts through your IRA distributions allow you to give directly to the campaign or to a District ministry.
If you are 70.5 or older, you can donate up to $100,000 from your IRA directly to the campaign or a district ministry. Start the process by visiting with your financial adviser. Gifts to a campaign or ministry can have an even greater impact when given with a corporate match. Ask the HR manager where you work if your employer has a corporate match.
For questions on any of the options above, please contact Elijah Luebbe at the District office by email (email@example.com) or by phone at 402-643-2961.