You Matter • Wives of Pastors’ Retreat
February 4-5, 2022
Peace Lutheran Church
1710 N North Road, Grand Island
Fairfield Inn and Suites
805 Allen Drive, Grand Island
(*Lodging is included with your registration—no need to make a reservation*)
Connect with other wives of pastors in the Nebraska District to be renewed through God’s Word, to be refreshed through laughter and community, and to be reminded that you are a precious child of God in Christ: YOU MATTER.
Our Speaker-Bible Study Leader, Heather Ruesch, joins us all the way from Michigan. (The U.P.!) She is a prominent youth and women’s ministry speaker, singer/songwriter, and the author of Sexuality Mentality: Creating a Culture of Biblical Integrity (Concordia Publishing House, 2018).
Heather is the Founder of the You Matter Tour™ student assemblies, an enthusiastic connector by nature, and she teaches with her mind set on human dignity at every stage and phase of life. As a previous teen facing an unplanned pregnancy, Crisis Pregnancy Center Executive Director, Educator, and Pastor’s wife, Heather brings wit, wisdom, and relationship into every situation with the tremendous love of Christ as the filter by which we see one another.
More information about Heather can be found on social media, YouTube, and at her website: www.heatherruesch.com
Session 1: My Body, My Life, My Value in Christ
Let’s seek to discern the lies of Satan and the culture, when placed against the truth of how God intended life to be treated—our lives and all others’ lives. How does Satan attack? How can we put order to the chaos we often feel in our lives…?
Session 2: You Matter
Understanding more fully that you matter changes the way you and I see and approach the people around us, ourselves, and ultimately, God and His role in our lives.
Session 3: I Praise You for I Am Fearfully & Wonderfully Made
We are created with great intention by God. We can learn contentment where we are and with the abilities He has given us. Recognizing our strengths and weaknesses, we can use tangible tools to make the next right choice…
Session 4: Where is Jesus?
Our identity is found and constantly reestablished in Jesus. He is active and present in our lives… We are chosen, redeemed, adopted, accepted, forgiven, and more…
See the brochure for details such as schedule, meals, roommate requests, etc.
- Sleeping rooms are included in the registration fee and reservations will be made by a rooming list. All rooms are double rooms. Single rooms are an additional cost.
- If no roommate is requested, one will be assigned.
- Mothers with infants are welcome to bring their babies with them. Please indicate on the registration form if a crib is requested. Crib availability is not guaranteed.
- Registration information is included on the enclosed registration form. Online registration is encouraged.
- Snacks and non-alcoholic beverages will be provided for the fellowship time Friday night. Ladies are welcome to bring other beverages of their choice to the hotel.
- Hotel rooms for Saturday night have been reserved in our block for any participants wishing to extend their stay. Rooms will be booked through the District Office and the cost will be added to the registration fee. Email email@example.com for more information.
Scholarships are available upon request. Registrations will be due January 7, so register early and beat the holiday rush! No wife or widow will be turned away because of inability to pay the registration fee, and a scholarship is available for those who might not otherwise be able to attend due to cost. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. This retreat is sponsored by the Nebraska District LCMS and the Pastors’ Wives Care Team.
Registration for Wives of Pastors’ Retreat
Registration is now closed. Contact Kim Hofer with questions.